We recognise the contribution that carers make to the community and the importance of supporting carers in their roles. We support staff with caregiving commitment to balance work commitments with their carer role.
The Victorian 护理人员 Recognition Act defines a carer as someone who provides care to another person, 包括:
- a person who is aged and frail,
- a person with a disability,
- a person with mental illness,
- a person with an ongoing medical condition.
Entitlements for carers
Eligible Monash staff can access paid carer’s leave to provide care to a family member as outlined in the carers leave procedure.
Eligible staff can request flexible work arrangements, such as part-time work, working from home and job-sharing. 看到 workplace flexibility for parents and carers 的600全讯白菜网址大全信息.
Access to 766全讯白菜网 Family Violence Leave is also available to staff who are providing care or support to a family member who is experiencing family violence.
Monash staff can access counselling through the 766全讯白菜网健康服务. 工作人员 and their immediate family members, 包括护理人员, can access free support services through the University's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
EAP is a professional support service that offers confidential, short-term support for a variety of work-related and personal problems that may be affecting you at work or at home, 包括:
- Interpersonal conflict and tension
- Changes in your work environment
- Harassment and grievances
- Relationship or family matters
- Personal and emotional stress
- Mental health concerns
- Personal crisis or trauma